Tuesday, April 17, 2012

These cost a lot more than a penny ...

The reason I don't bother buying these is ....















"they" soon become "this"....















... even if they do have a very strange crunch under that lovely dark chocolate.

Chocolate covered Espresso Beans.  Weird hey?  I would much rather eat chocolate covered raisins..which they look like to me.... but, I had to buy some... or maybe I should just use the raisins for my bars.

I want to perfect some granola or energy type bars for taking along on a golf outing.  Something with substance ..that tastes good...and now..after thinking on it.. maybe something with a bit of zing for energy.  Why not some funky beans?  Sure enough.... looked on the recipe pages and there they were.... recipes including chocolate covered beans.  Really. That's my next kitchen experiment.
Okay...this blog is in high danger of becoming my second food blog... and the first is languishing....
:: as described in the Free Dictionary

:  to exist or continue in miserable or disheartening conditions


Must get something added to that blog...........soooon.......... but not today...... real life beckons....


4 comments:

Terra said...

Neat before and after photos of the chocolate covered espresso beans.

Jennifer Rose said...

what odd little things o.0 I would be jumping around and not sleeping for days if I had some lol

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Those are yummy whether they are raisins or espresso beans.

Susan said...

Sounds like a great addition to an energy bar. It would be nice to have a good recipe for them. Beaut to pop something a little bit healthy into the mouth when needed.